This is version 2.0.4 of the Camelot Integration Toolkit for Microsoft SharePoint. It provides classes and methods that makes it easier to integrate SharePoint with other applications, platforms and languages, e.g. PHP, Java and Objective-C. It also simplifies SharePoint integration in .NET applications.
Please see the associated documentation
for usage and examples.
When installing this package on Windows Vista and above, make sure that you run the setup with administrative rights or installation may not complete successfully. We have also noticed that some anti-virus programs may complain when installing this package, e.g. avast!. If you experience installation issues, you may try to disable your anti-virus program during installation process.
Changes in version 2.0.4
Changes in version 2.0.3This release was never made official.Changes in version 2.0.2
- Fixed bug in CamelotXml for some special characters in column names, e.g. ':'. The problem can be seen when selecting lookup columns from a second list.
- Added new method to the Camelot WCF Service named ExecuteCamelotXmlLimit. This methods enables client side paging of lists and document libraries.
- Added new method to the Camelot WCF Service named ExecuteCount. This method returns an integer value that indicates the number of rows returned by query.
Changes in version 2.0.1
- Added NTLM/Windows authentication support in the Camelot WCF Service! This allows the WCF Service to impersonate the calling user in SharePoint, making it easier to integrate applications through the WCF Service that needs to query data in SharePoint that is unique or depends on the user. Impersonation ensures that the calling user cannot access lists or document libraries without given permission. Some common integration scenarios are working with user based document libraries, task lists and calendars. External applications and websites that runs under the same authentication as SharePoint can easily access data from SharePoint based on the logged in user, or you can implement custom authentication mechanisms in external applications connected to SharePoint.
- Added new library called Camelot.SharePointIntegration.Client.dll. This library now contains the ListData, DocumentLibraryData and CamelotXml classes and provides general methods for reading and writing CamelotXml files. This library has no dependencies, thus can be used to read CamelotXml and integrate with the Camelot WCF service also where Camelot .NET Connector is not installed.
- Removed ListData, DocumentLibraryData and CamelotXml classes from library Camelot.SharePointIntegration.dll.
- Added ListDataUtility and DocumentLibraryDataUtility classes to Camelot.SharePointIntegration.dll providing methods for selecting SharePoint data into ListData and DocumentLibraryData objects. This replaces some functionality that was previously implemented under the ListData and DocumentLibraryData classes.
- Moved MD5, DeflateCompress and DeflateDecompress methods from the Utilities class to the Extensions class under Camelot.SharePointIntegration.Client namespace.
- Fixed bug in ReadXml method that caused incorrect column names.
- Added new method for exporting document libraries to ListData, see included example class ExportDocumentLibraryAsCamelotXml.